- Would a reasonable person, informed as to the subject matter and nature of the work, the nature of the financial interests, and the goals or priorities of the outside entities with which the outside interests lie, but not with technical knowledge in my field or understanding of the details of my projects, be concerned that the outside interests could affect my judgment?
- Would students or university colleagues be similarly concerned?
- Would colleagues in my field with understanding of the nature of the financial interests, and the goals or priorities of the outside entities with which the outside interests lie, and detailed understanding of my projects, be concerned that the outside interests could affect my judgment?
- You have a Significant Financial Interest (SFI), and
- Based on your own good faith determination, plus confirmation by the university after you disclose it, that SFI is Related to your research or sponsored program.
- all of your external Significant Financial Interests, and;
- the entirety of your Lehigh research portfolio and all sponsored programs for which you carry responsibilities for design, conduct, reporting, or direct administration
and make a good faith determination regarding whether these are related such that your judgment in carrying out those responsibilities could be affected, or could appear to be affected. Disclosure of each Significant Financial Interest for which that is the case is required. If you indicate that you have anything to disclose, the process of collecting relevant information will occur through follow up with the Office of Research Integrity. This provides an opportunity to further discuss your circumstances, in addition to making a formal disclosure.
Project Personnel are required to submit an updated disclosure within 30 days of any material changes to their circumstances that affect existing disclosures. To submit an update to an existing disclosure, please contact the office of Research Integrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The aggregate value of the travel sponsored or reimbursed by a single entity over a 12 month period is greater than $5,000; and
- The travel is related to your Lehigh University responsibilities and professional expertise.
If an External Entity sponsors or reimburses multiple small trips, each of which is individually valued at less than $5,000, it must be disclosed if the aggregated total over the 12-month period exceeds $5,000.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Office of Global Affairs (OG)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Office of Public Health and Science
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)