All amendments and/or modifications to active approved protocols must be reviewed and approved by the IACUC prior to implementation.
Submitting Modifications via IRBNet:
- Log in to irbnet.org.
- Locate the project for which you wish to submit a modification. All previous IRBNet IACUC submissions can be viewed under "My Projects". Click the project title to enter the project. If you know the IRBNet ID for the project, you may also search using this ID number.
- Amendments / modifications are submitted by creating a new "package" within the existing IRBNet project. To create the modification package, click "Create a New Package". Select "Amendment/ Modification" as the submission type.
- Click "Designer" to access the "Renewals / Modifications" application form. Click "Download" to save the application to your local computer. (Note: the application can also be found under the "Forms and Templates" menu option within IRBNet.)
- Once you have completed the application form in full, click "Attach New Document" to upload the completed application form as part of your submission package. Repeat to add any necessary supplemental documents, as applicable.
- Click "Sign this Package" to indicate that all necessary application materials have been uploaded to the IRBNet package. You will be asked to indicate your role at this time. Additionally, your department chair must also log in to IRBNet and sign the submission package.
- Once the Principal Investigator and your department chair have each signed the package in IRBNet, click "Submit this Package". Be sure to select "Lehigh University IACUC" as the reviewing board. Once the package has been submitted, the Research Integrity office will conduct a pre-review of your submission materials and notify you if any changes or additional information is necessary prior to IACUC review.